As a girl enters into the phase of puberty, she encounters some bizarre mood swings which are actually due to the activity of hormones. What appears to be most irksome for a woman is the abnormal menstrual cycle which gives rise to a number of problems.
The dilemma is that many women do not realize that they are going through an abnormal menstrual cycle and this results in creating complications. Another reason is the irresponsible attitude of many women who take this huge problem very lightly.
It is high time to educate yourself and others about the causes, symptoms of the abnormal menstrual cycle or oligomenorrhea and the ways to get relief from its symptoms.
Causes Of Abnormal Menstrual Cycle:
It is important for all the women to give up such activities that are contributing to give rise to oligomenorrhea. The main causes of the abnormal menstrual cycle include:
- Stress is one of the leading causes of an abnormal menstrual cycle.
- Unhealthy eating habits that give rise to problems such as undernutrition have a prominent role to play in stimulating abnormal menstrual cycle.
- Certain medications are also thought to give rise to oligomenorrhea.
- Women who have uterine abnormalities such as cysts are a common victim of an abnormal menstrual cycle.
Symptoms Of Oligomenorrhea:
- Do you experience periods occurring for more than 7 days? If this is a very common problem that you encounter on the arrival of every menstrual cycle then it is certainly a matter of concern. Often this problem is deemed to give rise to problems such as backache. Many such women also experience terrible pain in the pelvic region.
- Another symptom of oligomenorrhea is an irregular menstrual cycle. This is yet another common problem as a woman is supposed to have a menstrual cycle every 28 days. If you get your periods after good days of 35 days then you got to realize that you are a victim of this grave problem. See the doctor!
- You do experience cramps or pain during the menstrual cycle, but excessive cramping and bloating which makes you almost handicapped and you realize you are unable to perform daily chores then an immediate visit to a gynecologist is the need of the time. If you are also the victim of sore breasts during periods then it is a clear sign of an abnormal menstrual cycle.
- For all the mothers out there, make sure your daughters have their menstrual cycle between the ages of 11 to 16. If they extend this age without having periods then kindly take them to the doctor.
- Getting periods before 11 years of age or after menopause is yet another sign of abnormality and the problem needs to be sorted out immediately.
Be A Woman Of Substance By Battling To Get Rid Of Oligomenorrhea:
Undoubtedly the problem of the abnormal menstrual cycle is very grave, but fortunately, there are some easy ways to get rid of it.
- The first question that a victim of oligomenorrhea encounter regarding her lifestyle. It is indeed very important that you lead a healthy lifestyle for the normal menstrual cycle.
- Adopt stress-reducing therapies as stress is one of the major causes of oligomenorrhea. Yoga and meditation are excellent therapies that can go a long way in helping you live a healthy and happy life as they greatly contribute to eradicating the symptoms of the abnormal menstrual cycle.
- A healthy diet is another way to get rid of problems related to abnormal menstrual cycles. Women who are a victim of pre-menopausal should take a diet that promotes the activity of estrogens such as potatoes, rice, and cherries while those who want to get rid of heavy blood loss should take iron-rich diet.
- A woman who over-exercises is the most victims of oligomenorrhea. It is important that you consult a professional exercise trainer who can guide you about the correct exercise for you.
- Last but not the least, you must see a good gynecologist who will look into this matter in a detailed manner and help you live a healthy and happy life.
Myself Aditya and I am from Mumbai, India. As an intern, I joined the local news agency in Mumbai named “The Mumbai News”. Now I am working with various News Agencies and I provide them reports from Mumbai and other parts of India.