If you are willing to hire a tutor for your child then you should know a few things before you make your decision. You should know why you wanted to hire a tutor, what are the week points of your child and what will be your expectations from the tutor you hire. You should also know what subjects are more challenging for your child.
If your child is good at Physics but weak in Mathematics, then you should hire a tutor who is an expert in providing Maths home tuition service and can teach Physics as a secondary subject.
With these things in mind, you should also ask a few questions to the tutor. Meet various candidates and ask the following questions to assess who is the best tutor for your child.
- How will you evaluate the student’s needs? Check how the tutor will use standardized tests, reports from school, or other forms of evaluation to discover what are the weaknesses and strengths of the child.
- How long will you need to prepare the lessons? You should know that the subjects that are difficult take a longer time to prepare.
- What do you expect from parents? A good tutor will always need cooperation from the parents and other family members as well.
- How do you motivate your students? Think about what motivates your child, and seek a tutor who uses these methods.
- What hours are you available? This is the most important question that you should know. Even if you get the best teacher for your child, but hours are not matching then you can’ hire that teacher.
- How much do you charge for tuition service? The prices vary and it depends on various factors. Subjects you choose, the grade of your child, location, subject specialization, and a few more factors involved. So ask this question and evaluate if charges are fair or not?
- What is your pas performance? How much have other students or clients improved with his services?
- Any reference to verify your tutoring skills? You get references for electricians, doctors, and dentists. Doesn’t it truly make sense to get a reference for the person who will be working very closely with your child? Ask the references of his previous clients as well any school or college he has an affiliation with.
Myself Aditya and I am from Mumbai, India. As an intern, I joined the local news agency in Mumbai named “The Mumbai News”. Now I am working with various News Agencies and I provide them reports from Mumbai and other parts of India.