People all around the world will start celebrating Christmas eve in the next 20 hours. After this religious and worldwide cultural event, the whole world will be looking for the best places to celebrate New Year’s eve. A lot of people from the USA move to Canada to celebrate Christmas in Canada with Canadian traditions.
So, today we will talk about the best places and towns in Canada to celebrate Christmas and spend vacations. In case, you are an American citizen, from this link you can download the Canada visa application for US citizens.
Best Places To Celebrate Christmas in Canada
First of all, let us talk about the best places in Canada to celebrate Christmas. Here is the list:
- Niagara Falls
Celebrate Christmas in Toronto
A lot of people from all around the world move to Toronto to celebrate Christmas. Hundreds of thousands of people move to the largest city of Canada to celebrate Christmas. Many of them book their flights in November or during the early dates of December.
There are different events in Toronto that are especially celebrated the whole month of December. You can enjoy the seasonal events, sparkling lights, Christmas trees, and much more in Toronto. People in Toronto, celebrate Christmas with Canadian traditions.
Christmas Events in Toronto
If you are in Toronto during your Christmas holidays, then you must enjoy these Christmas events in Toronto:
- Christmas Flower Shows: Various parks, including Centennial Park Conservatory, are decorated especially for Christmas and thousands of flowers are placed in the parks to celebrate Christmas in Toronto. This event starts in the first week of December and ends in the mid of January.
- Toronto Christmas Market: When you are celebrating Christmas in Canada, and especially in Toronto, you should enjoy the colors, sounds, events, and sights of the Christmas theme. The market is designed on the concept of Christkindlmarkt that is a German market that dated back to the 1400s. This Toronto Christmas market was closed in 2020 due to Covid-19 but now in 2021, it is back again. You can buy different Christmas decorations as well.
Celebrate Christmas in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls is one of the most visited cities in Canada throughout the year by foreign tourists. It has a waterfall as well with the same name that is Niagara Falls waterfall that is on the border of Canada and the USA.
The Canadian Christmas traditions can be observed in this city of lights. You can experience a beautiful view of nightly fireworks during Christmas days. With that, you can see that the waterfalls are brilliantly illuminated with colorful lights that create an amazing view.
Christmas events in Niagara Falls
- Winter Festival of Lights: This festival is one of the best Canadian Christman traditions that you can observe from 14th November to 10th of January. This Christmas event in Niagara Falls is also one of the best Christmas events in Canada. You can witness an incredible display of light throughout on an 8KM route that covers different tourist areas.
- Skylon Tower Christmas: To celebrate the big day in Niagara Falls, you must visit Skylon tower on the 25th of December. It will glow red that is the greatest Christmas tradition in Niagara Falls. You can also enjoy a beautiful view of Niagara Falls city and can taste the delicious food. On this big day, they will officially call Santa as well and if you have kids with you, they will definitely enjoy this Christmas event in Niagara Falls.
So, what are you waiting for? Just get your Canada visa online and enjoy your Christmas vacation in Canada.
Celebrate Christmas in Vancouver
Vancouver is one of the best cities of British Colombia in Canada where you can spend your Christmas vacations with the family. If you spend the Christmas festive season in Vancouver, you will see that the whole city is decorated with Christmas lights, Christmas trees, and even with the colorful Christmas deers.
During weekends, you can enjoy the snow show at Joffre Lake during the Christmas season. Throughout Vancouver, you can have shopping opportunities with a special holiday discount. The authorities in Vancouver organize a lot of Christmas shows that show the Canadian Christmas traditions.
Christmas Events in Vancouver
Here are some Christmas events in Vancouver that you should enjoy with your family or friends.
- Vancouver Santa Claus Parade: The special Santa Clause Parade in Vancouver lasts for two hours and more than 3,00,000 people gather there to watch this Santa Claus Parade on Christmas in Vancouver. You can’t miss this event if you are celebrating Christmas in Vancouver.
- Canyon Lights: Capilano Suspension bridge park is a place that is iconic in Vancouver and everyone wanted to visit this bridge in any season. But when it is Christmas, then the bridge is fully covered with colorful Christmas lights that look amazing. It is also the best place to take some photos with your family.
Celebrate Christmas in Montréal
The great city speaks the Spanish language and it is part of Québec which is the French-speaking province of Canada. Montreal is one of the best places in Canada where you can celebrate Christmas with Canadian traditions.
During the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, you can spend time while enjoying festive foods and a lot of colorful Christmas events. Since you can find a lot of snow in Montreal, so you can join the Christmas snow festivals as well.
When you decide to celebrate Christmas in Montreal don’t forget to visit the Montreal Christmas markets. You will see long roads covered with snow and have heavy light Christmas decorations.
Christmas Events in Montreal
Here are some best Christmas events in Montreal:
- Enjoy a Victorian Christmas: If you want to know how people celebrate Christmas in the past then you should visit the old Victorian house at Sir George-Étienne Cartier National Historic Site. You will enjoy the place and you will feel that you are celebrating Christmas in the past. You can also attend the special classes where you can learn how to make DIY Christmas cards.
Myself Aditya and I am from Mumbai, India. As an intern, I joined the local news agency in Mumbai named “The Mumbai News”. Now I am working with various News Agencies and I provide them reports from Mumbai and other parts of India.