It doesn’t matter what time of the year you go, you won’t run out of things to do in Ottawa. The city has something for everyone. The following is a list of some of the most notable points of interest and activities that may be enjoyed in the nation’s capital.
These top things to do in Ottawa will also help in deciding whether or not Ottawa is worth visiting in 2023.
1) Parliament Hill: Make your way up to Parliament Hill and explore the various parliamentary buildings. Visit the several buildings that make up the Canadian government, such as the House of Commons and the Senate of Canada Building.
2) Changing of the Guard Ceremony: Take part in the Changing of the Guard event, which takes place on Parliament Hill every day throughout the summer months. It’s a must-see for anyone who’s interested in the history of the Canadian military, or even just wants to get a taste of the spectacle that can be found in Canada.
3) Pay a visit to the National Gallery of Canada: This gallery is home to a collection of indigenous, Canadian, and foreign artwork that is famous throughout the world.
4) Rideau Canal: Skate on the Rideau Canal, which is the largest skating rink in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is the ideal thing to do on a chilly day in Ottawa during the winter.
5) Go to the ByWard Market: This is Ottawa’s largest and oldest public market, and it’s where you’ll discover local food merchants, fresh produce, and other interesting things.
6) Museums in Ottawa: Take in some culture at one of Ottawa’s many world-renowned museums, such as the Canadian War Museum and the Canadian Museum of Nature. These are two of the more common options, but depending on your interests, you can choose from a wide variety of others as well.
7) Ottawa Bike Tour: Give your legs a workout and discover the city by bike on this well-liked and popular tour in Ottawa by going on a bike tour. After getting your Canada visa for Iceland citizens, you can easily arrange a bike tour to Ottawa for yourself.
8) Lady Dive Trip: Sightseeing on a Lady Dive trip Take a memorable trip on the amphibious bus (the famous bus that becomes a boat) along the downtown streets and along the Ottawa River for a fantastic opportunity to explore the city from both land and water perspectives.
9) Boat Cruise Ottawa River: There are various boat cruise tour operators in Ottawa that offer cruises down the Ottawa River. You can take one of these cruises. This is a wonderful opportunity to explore the city from a new (and more peaceful) point of view.
10) Ottawa Winter Festivals: Participate in fun winter activities Ottawa is a wonderful place to be in the winter since it offers a wide variety of exciting outdoor sports, such as snowshoeing, ice skating, and cross-country skiing.
11) More Festivals in Ottawa: Participate in one of Ottawa’s many annual festivals, such as Tulip Festival, Winterlude, or Bluesfest: Ottawa is well-known for the festivals that take place throughout the year in the city. Although these are some of the most well-known, the city hosts a great deal more events, all of which are open to the public.
12) Go to Gatineau Park: If you enjoy the outdoors, you won’t want to miss this destination thanks to its abundance of hiking paths, lakes, and lookouts. This expansive conservation area, which is one of the most visited Canadian parks and is located to the north of Ottawa in Gatineau, is an easy day excursion from Ottawa.
13) Sparks Street: Take a stroll down Sparks Street, which is only accessible on foot and is located in the heart of downtown Ottawa. This street have a variety of shops, cafes, and restaurants. It is the ideal location for taking a leisurely stroll and viewing the passing crowd.
14) Hight Tea: Taking High Tea at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier should be on the itinerary of any person who enjoys tea and is traveling to Ottawa. Afternoon tea at Zoe’s is an elegant and unwinding activity that you may enjoy while staying at the opulent Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel.
15) Night Tour in Ottawa: This is a fantastic way to see the city’s most famous landmarks when they are lit up at night. This tour will take you to some of the most famous locations in Ottawa, such as Parliament Hill and the Rideau Canal.
16) Take a Trip to the Beach — You read that right! Along the shore of the Ottawa River, there are a variety of beautiful beaches in Ottawa. During our trip to Ottawa in August, we took advantage of the opportunity to cool off at Britannia Beach. Even though they are located on the river, Ottawa’s beaches still have that laid-back, beachy feel to them, making them a fantastic option for spending a summer day.
17) Canadian Mint: Pay a visit to the Canadian Mint and enjoy a tour of this operational mint to learn how Canadian coins are produced. Don’t wait and apply for a tourist Canada visa for Ireland citizens so that you can enjoy these top places to visit in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
As you can see, there is a plethora of entertainment options available in Ottawa. This city has something for everyone, making it a perfect spot to visit whether you are interested in history, culture, wildlife, or simply Canada itself.
This is Kyle Thomas, a professional writer, and a news editor. I started my career as a blogger who writes on various topics and then I decided that I should join a NEWS agency where I can work as a NEWS reporter. So, I joined a renowned agency in the town as an internet and after getting 2 years of experience, now I am working as a senior NEWS reporter for The Daily NEWS Times.