Everything you need to know about the prerequisites for obtaining an Indian visa for cruise ships
The government of India has made it quite simple for cruise ship guests to travel throughout the country and experience its many attractions. Here you will find information regarding all of the prerequisites for obtaining an Indian visa online (eVisa India).
Traveling is an exciting adventure, and if you want to combine that excitement with the tour that you get on a cruise ship, then you might also want to go sightseeing in India when the ship docks in an Indian port.
The Republic of India is quickly becoming a popular new destination for tourists who are interested in experiencing the world from the perspective of an ocean liner.
Many visitors are surprised to learn that taking a cruise through this gorgeous nation enables them to see significantly more of it than they would have if they had traveled by any other mode of transportation. In addition to this, it gives them the opportunity to enjoy a wide variety of beaches and locations all over the world while traveling by ocean liner.
After beginning their journey in India or disembarking as cruise ship passengers at one of the country’s ports, the government of the Republic of India has taken steps to streamline the immigration clearance process for tourists, making it more user-friendly and eliminating unnecessary steps.
Indian Visa holders are permitted entry into a number of the country’s seaports. India has a large number of ports. Please consult the following list of seaports for authorized entry into India for those in possession of visas.
Indian Cruise Visa for Cruise Ship Passengers
Those travelers who are interested in visiting India by means of a cruise vacation can submit an application for an Indian visa online (eVisa India). Since they do not have any other choice, the cruise ship that belongs to them departs from the country in which you currently reside and makes stops at each port on the way.
As of the year 2020, the ports of call for cruise ship passengers in India are located at Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin, Mormugao, and New Mangalore. Refer to the list to ensure that you are up to date on the authorized entrance procedures at seaports for tourist visas.
The process to apply India visa, on the other hand, is made significantly simpler by the fact that visitors can take advantage of an online offer either before they buy their spot on a cruise ship or after they have already reserved a spot on a cruise ship.
The only thing that the visitors want to do is make sure that all of the information that they provide along with their passports is accurate.
Seaport Isn’t on the Allowed List? What to Do?
In the event that cruise ship passengers who are on cruise port discover during their stop at any port that they will not be arriving in one of the authorized ports of entry, they are required to reapply for a paper or conventional visa to India from their home country.
This is the case regardless of which port the cruise ship passengers are visiting. You can accomplish this goal by applying for either a normal visa or a paper visa. It is possible for travelers to once again submit documentation by mail, and this time it will be possible to do so around the time they book their cruise.
You can check with your travel agent to see if you need to obtain an Indian Tourist Visa before or after booking the cruise ship to see if this is the best time to do so. The fee for an electronic Indian visa, also known as an eVisa India, is not refundable and cannot be canceled once it has been paid.
Rules When You Have Over 2 Stops at the Indian Seaport
This is a very significant point, and we ought to center our attention and consideration on this topic for the foreseeable future. If your cruise will be making more than two calls at an Indian seaport, then the thirty days Indian Tourist Visa Cruise Ship is not going to be valid for your vacation.
If this is the case, then you are required to submit an application for a tourist visa valid for one year. It is important to keep in mind that before entering India with an Indian Online Visa, each of your stops will require approval from the Indian Immigration Border officials at the port (eVisa India).
Before beginning your journey, it is important to ensure that you have all of the necessary information at your disposal as well as a thorough understanding of your travel itinerary, including all of the ports of arrival on your upcoming trip. You can also get information regarding stops in India by getting in touch with the cruise line business or your broker.
A significant amount of worry can be avoided during your trip to India by planning out all of your destinations in advance and ensuring that you have the appropriate visa.
The Indian government is concerned about the health and safety of tourists and is committed to ensuring that their visit goes off without a hitch.
Here you can check important information regarding an Indian visa for US citizens.
Biometric Information Regarding the Seaport
When cruise ship passengers visit India, the Indian government permits them to provide their biometric information to the government. However, this strategy takes too much time for the passengers on the ocean liner, and as a result, many of them are missing out on the opportunity to see the sights while they are waiting in line.
After New Year’s Eve in 2020, India will no longer collect biometric data from passengers traveling on ocean liners.
The country is also increasing its investments in the modernization of its computer systems and software in order to facilitate the processing of passengers in a manner that is both rapid and efficient.
The Indian government places an emphasis on providing a positive experience for its visitors. Because of this, the Tourists will have an easier time following the system, which will allow them to have a better time while they are on vacation.
The process of acquiring the appropriate Indian Visa in order to embark on a cruise may appear to be complicated, but it is sometimes uncomplicated and uncomplicated. You will be required to check-in for your India Tourist Visa Cruise at the port, which will take a significant amount of time.
This is especially the case if you are checking in for a cruise that requires a multiple-entry visa to India. To play it safe, submit an application for a tourist visa valid for one year. There is no limit on the number of times you can enter India with a Tourist Visa valid for one year.
Alternately, rather than checking in for several entries, you will only check in for cruises that require the Indian Visa Online. In either case, before you book your eVisa for India, you are required to have knowledge about the route of your cruise, including the ports where your ship will embark and anchor.
Useful Information for India Tourist Visa for Cruise ship
When you have made the decision to travel by cruise ship and have arrived at an Indian Seaport, the first thing you need to do is collect all of the legal rules and regulations that have been formulated by the Indian Government for the safety of tourists.
After you have done this, you can move on to the next step of your journey. When you have this information in advance, traveling will no longer be stressful for you, and you will be able to enjoy your vacation without worrying about breaking the law or receiving a fine or other punishment.
Before you set out on your trip, there is some crucial information that you need to make sure you are aware of, such as the following:
- Online applications must be submitted a minimum of four days before the date of arrival by passengers who are citizens of eligible countries. For example, if you want to submit your application on April 1st, you should select April 5th as your arrival start date.
- In that case, you should submit an application for an urgent Indian visa.
- It is not possible for holders of diplomatic or official passports to obtain this, nor is it possible for holders of international travel documents to obtain this.
- Refugee Passport holders are unable to obtain this item. You are required to have a normal passport.
- After arriving in India, if you have a visa on arrival, you will be allowed to stay in the country for up to sixty days total.
- It is not possible for someone to receive this if they are listed on their parent’s or spouse’s passport; rather, each person must have their own passport.
- Once the payment has been made, there will be no reimbursement given.
- Applicants for a visa on arrival are required to travel with either a digital or physical copy of the authorization to receive a visa upon arrival in their possession at all times.
- At the time of entry into India, each individual is required to have their biometric information taken at Immigration.
- Once awarded, a Tourist Visa on Arrival cannot be extended or converted into another type of visa.
- Visits to Protected/Restricted and cantonment or Army Areas require a physical visa and cannot be made using an Indian Visa Online (eVisa India).
- For a tourist visa valid for one year, the validity period will begin on the date the visa was issued.
- Instead of applying for a 30-day tourist visa, you should consider applying for a one-year tourist visa instead.
- It is important to keep in mind that, in contrast to the one-year tourist visa, the 30-day visa begins its validity on the date of arrival rather than the date the visa was issued.
- In order to avoid being quarantined in India for a period of six days upon arrival, citizens of countries where infectious diseases are prevalent must be in possession of a vaccination card proving that they have been protected against yellow fever.
- You need to include a scanned copy of the first page of your passport.
- You will be required to provide a photograph of your face in digital format.
In conclusion, the Government of India has made it easier for passengers traveling on cruise ships to obtain an Indian visa by implementing a number of reforms since the beginning of this year.
The plan has been developed to make the system that was created for Tourists simple and straightforward to comprehend thanks to the design. Once you have decided to go for an exciting new experience, it is imperative that you are familiar with the laws of India as well as the specifics of the visa requirements and regulations.
You will be able to travel without any anxiety as a result of all of this, and you will also have a pleasant and fulfilling experience overall.
Myself Aditya and I am from Mumbai, India. As an intern, I joined the local news agency in Mumbai named “The Mumbai News”. Now I am working with various News Agencies and I provide them reports from Mumbai and other parts of India.